Sprouted Moongdal & Rainbow Salad

I started preparing salad using cucumber, tomato and onion for pulav etc., Eventually I started experimenting by adding one by one other fresh veggies like corn, carrot etc., Finally this particular salad become one of my hits amongst family and friends, plus in my dinner parties. Corn is missing in my salad today, since i run out of corn cobs.
We need...
1 carrot
1 cucumber
1 tomato
1/2 cup sprouted moongdal
1 green granny smith apple
1/2 cup corn kernels
Pinch of salt and pepper.
1tsp lemon juice
1tbsp finely chopped walnuts.
Method:
Dice carrot, cucumber, tomato and granny smith apple. Mix with corn kernels and sprouted moongdal. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and mix well. Just before serving add finely chopped walnuts. Serve as side dish with lemon rice, pulikaachhal sadam, Ghee rice, saffron rice, veg pulav etc.,

12 comments:

FH said...

Love Moong in any form.Looks like a great recipe and colorful too.
I make Waffles every Saturday as well!:))

DEEPA said...

really colorful one .Must have tasted great too...

aruna said...

Thank U Asha, I appreciate your comments. I adore your blogs. Especially Aroma and foodies Hope.
I prepared Maddoorvadai from your recipe on sunday. It was sooooooooooo yummy!

Thank U Deepa, I like your blogs, specially your pooja room. Also the Gulab Jamoon cake which is in my todo list, but waiting for a right moment.

Neelam said...

Hi Aruna...looks very clourful and nutritious,great tasting too!

Jyothi said...

Hi Aruna! even moong is my favourite too. In any form also it will be very tasty. Thanks for sharing such a healthy salad recipe.

Viji said...

As the name says it is so colourful Aruna. Healthy too. Viji

Viji said...

As the name says it is so colourful Aruna. Healthy too. Viji

aruna said...

Hi Neelam, Jyothi, viji,
Thank U for visiting and passing on wonderful comments.

Suma Gandlur said...

Delicious and a healthy one. Isn't it? We had this yesterday. Soon I will Post it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aruna,
The salad looks full of colours and tempting.

aruna said...

Hi Suma, That's good.Hope you liked it. I cant wait for you post.
Ramya, thank U for visiting

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.